- The Cultural Center of the Philippines
- CCP TANGHALANG AURELIO TOLENTINO
- THE NATIONAL HISTORICAL COMMISSION OF THE PHILIPPINES
- and TANGHALANG PILIPINO
NOLI ME TANGERE, THE MUSICAL
- Libretto by Bienvenido Lumbera
- Music by Ryan Cayabyab
- Directed by Audie Gemora
- In honour of Jose Rizal’s 150th birthday, Noli Me Tangere: The Musical will officially open Tanghalang Pilipino’s Silver Theater Season.
- The critically acclaimed musical adapted by Ryan Cayabyab from Rizal’s most famous work will be restaged, with libretto by National Artist Bienvenido Lumbera and under the direction of theater luminary Audie Gemora. Costume design is by National Artist Salvador Bernal. The artistic panel is now on its final stages in completing the powerhouse cast, including the finalization of the participation of Mark Bautista as Ibarra and Cris Villonco as Maria Clara. The official cast will be announced this May.
- A series of special events are now in the planning stages as part of the prestigious celebration, such as an exhibit of Bernal’s works – which will be mounted during the entire run of the production. A special auction is also set as renowned jeweler, Hans Brumman, creates pieces inspired by Rizal’s work. The items will be revealed to the public very soon. A fashion show is also in the offing to open the Season, featuring the works four named designers.
- A dialogue is underway with the Department of Education (DepEd) as this production of Noli Me Tangere will also serve as the launch of the National Campaign urging high school students to join forces with the Kabataang Rizal Movement in order to promote the ideals of Rizal and his vision for the Philippines.
- CAST & CREW:
- Cris Villonco, Mark Bautista, Gian Magdangal
- Bodjie Pascual, Al Gatmaitan, Ring Antonio, Garry Lim, Red Nuestro, Jonathan Tadioan, Jenny Villegas, Rikki Benedicto, Jerald Napoles, Angeli Bayani, Paolo Rodriguez
- Baron Barbers, Alfritz Blanche, Mia Bolanos, Jack Campano, Kat Castillo, Martha Comia, Regina De Vera, Miguel Estenzo, Sherine Ann Koa, Hazel Maranan, Noe Morgado, Jun Ofracio, Joseph Perez, Gino Ramirez, Rayna Reyes, Chesko Rodriguez, Anna Lillie Santa Maria, Diana Sison, Reynaldo Ucat.
- Directed by AUDIE GEMORA / Composer & Arranger RYAN CAYABYAB / Musical Director & Arranger JED BALSAMO / Librettist BIENVENIDO LUMBERA / Set Designer MIO INFANTE / Lighting Designer KATSCH CATOY / Costume Designer SALVADOR BERNAL / Choreographer AGNES LOCSIN